Maui resorts have established themselves as the most beautiful and luxury hotels in the world. We are lucky enough to live on Maui, where we often eat breakfast at many of the hotel’s resorts on Maui since we opened our photography services in 2004. We know the quality of service and have seen the changes and renovations over the years of photographing many weddings at most of the Big Resorts on Maui, we have actually been in most the hotel suites where the brides would need their getting ready pictures before their wedding ceremony on Maui. We have also stayed at most of the Maui Resorts for the odd weekend rest and we always enjoy our time when we get to relax and enjoy the facilities they offer. We do have our favorite resorts and with 808 Pictures being Maui photographers, and photographing lot’s of family photography and wedding photography on the Maui beaches in front of most of the hotel resorts on Maui, we often get asked from our clients what Maui resort do we recommend for them to stay.
Here is a list of our favorite resorts on Maui.
- Four Seasons Resort. The food, the service and the layout of the hotel are very comfortable and you definitely feel a warm luxury five -star feeling when you stay here. It doesn’t get any better than the class and service at this hotel where most of our high-end clients stay on their visit to Maui. We have photographed a lot of celebrity weddings here and there is a reason why celebrities love this hotel. The vibe here is the best on Maui and the location has a wonderful shopping mall nearby called the Wailea shops, with great food and coffee drinks with amazing ice cream and all the top designer labels.
- Ritz Carlton Resort. This hotel is the furthest away from the airport but the privacy and quiet location of this gorgeous hotel resort is our second favorite. Its grounds are big and there are beautiful walks in nature close to the hotel and the golf courses surrounding the resort area where the world famous golf championships like the Mercedez Benz golf championships are held, making it a popular and famous place. In front of the hotel has the most epic location for family photography called the dragon’s teeth, just a 15 minute walk away from the hotel. There is an amazing sushi restaurant a walk away called Sansei that is one of our favorite places to eat in Hawaii.
- Andaz Resort. This spectacular hotel resort in Wailea is one of the newest hotels on Maui and it also has our favorite breakfast buffet on Maui, because of the choices of food and the layout and presentation is worlds ahead of all the other hotels in terms of quality food. You can tell that an award-winning chef and food designer have put this together to keep up with all the modern day trendy food critics of gastronomy. We have photographed many Indian weddings here and our clients love the big grounds as the beach is right in front of the resort.
- Montage Resort. This is my favorite layout and the most beautiful of all the hotels, it reminds me of a luxury spa in Bali and it’s also one of the newest hotels. It’s located in an area not too far from the famous Lahaina Front Street Galleries, filled with amazing art and food with lots of shops of popular name brands for those who love shopping. The Montage has great five-star service and has an award-winning spa right next to the hotel.
- Grand Wailea Resort. This is probably the best hotel for families because there are pools and water slides all over the resort and they have a good breakfast buffet. The beach is close to the hotel and just a short walk away. They also have a wonderful spa on the bottom level of the hotel that I have been to many times. This is an older hotel in terms of style but its very much a favorite for families.